A Rogue Jester's Reflections

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hexan's musings, ramblings, and random thoughts over the course of his Achaean experiences.

Journal Entries

Hexan
    Hexan
    Admin

Journal Entries  Empty Journal Entries

Post by Hexan Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:38 pm

11th of Scarlattan, 694. A.F.
    --------------------------------------
    Rats rats rats. My life is consumed by rats! At least for now. I'm saving up a little nest egg before I start to hunt again. So the denizens can count themselves lucky I can't pulverize them.

Rogue life is treating me well enough. Granted it's still strange not having a city to call home. Do I miss it? Yes, I deeply do. Did I ever fit in? Gods no! I made for a very poor citizen. It's just not my thing. I belong to the shadows, the background, being an outside observer.

The only depressing thing is the lack of socializing. A rogue whose friends are either sleeping, or busy makes for a quiet existence. Luckily for me it's not much of a problem.

I'm a goof - I entertain myself. Whistle

Sometimes you just have to make your own fun. Friends are great, don't get me wrong, but your enjoyment shouldn't have to depend on them.
    Hexan
    Hexan
    Admin

Journal Entries  Empty Re: Journal Entries

Post by Hexan Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:42 pm

13th of Valnuary, 694. A.F.
    -------------------------------------
    Still more rats! But progress is being made. My bank account of sovereigns is at a pleasant sum, I've replaced the sigils in two houses, I keep feeding a mount that doesn't belong to me - why? No clue beyond of my fondness for its owner. An owner that is never around. Damn this kindness of mine, damn it to the underworld.

Dragons... there are so many of them. Stomping around, taking flight, roaring. They startle me every time I'm shopping - bam! One moves in and I wonder if they're browsing for a bargain like I am or if they want to have a little mhun like me for a snack.

I'll reach dragonhood at some point, but I'm beginning to feel like the odd one out. Dizzy

Speaking of odd. As a rogue strangers keep talking to me. Well no, not talking it's more of telepathy. No one bothers to talk to me in person. Sniffle Sigh But that's beside the point, all of these strangers put me on edge. No one paid attention to me while I was a part of a city - now as a rogue awkward small talk is occurring everywhere. Why?

Is it the curiosity of asking one why they're living the wanderers life? A mystique that comes with the situation? Maybe they're just bored?

Either way it's strange. And it's why I'm shielding myself from telepathy lately. If someone wants to get ahold of me they can track me down in person, or write a letter. I like receiving letters. Sway

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:34 am